Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Top o' the mornin!

There's something about summer mornings. The light blue sky is the perfect backdrop for the beautiful green trees, hills and mountains that surround the Rogue Valley. I swear you can smell the freshness of the Rogue River throughout our little town and since it's late July you can cruise with your windows down at 6:45 wearing a tank top and shorts and not be too cold. Mmmm, that perfectly temperate breeze that flows through the car...love it.

I've always been a sleep-in kind of gal. P.B. (pre-baby) I LOVED me some sleep, and although I splurge in the occasional nap here and there, my days of sleeping past 7 are long gone. PB I thought that getting up early would be the bane of my life with child, but I've come to cherish those 2-3 hours that are here and gone too quickly. Somehow I'd like to squash my entire day into that time frame because it's so unbelievably enjoyable outside that any kind of task would seem like a vacation done in that ideal setting.

Beyond the beautiful climate though, there's also the feeling of a fresh start. I always make New Years Resolutions which I rededicate myself to usually around the first of March...and then June...and then September. I love the feeling of my house right after it's been cleaned and there are pristine countertops, sparkling sinks and clean, vacuum-grooved carpets. I always wear outfits that I buy from the store once before I wash them (some people, my husband included, think that's disgusting) because I love that feeling of pressed newness. The first of every month usually has me making a list of things to get accomplished by the months end. Needless to say, those feelings of fresh, new & clean are important to me and I love that every single day I can have at least an hour of that.

Cup of coffee, quiet house, open Bible...bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment