Friday, November 12, 2010

The perfect makeup. Seriously.

You know those makeup ads in magazines where the girls face looks so smooth it's practically poreless? Well, that's not me. I've never had great skin. Ever since I was a teenager I've had these little bumps that look like a mild rash all across my cheeks and a little bit on my forehead. Once I hit my 20's and had visited every dermatologist, aestitician, and had tried pretty much every skin-clearing product available with none of them working, I accepted it for what it was and tried to focus on my better features.

Now, I loooove me some make-up. Seriously, I can be in the cosmetics section of Macy's or Target for at least an hour. And I've run the gamut of products and have found a lot that I love, but my recent purchases proved to be the PERFECT trifecta of products for my skin.

About a month ago I was at the Benefit counter browsing and the gal mentioned they have a tinted moisturizer that she really likes and that I might enjoy. Usually their sales pitches go in one ear and out the other, but I'd been thinking of trying a TM and why not this one? That same trip I also purchased a bottle of their highlighter, and then shimmied over to Target and picked up a mineral powder I read about in a magazine.

Once I got back home, it was like the theme from Captain Planet - "when your powers combine..." - seriously, incredible. My skin looked really smooth, perfectly toned and even, and it was seriously glowing. Not glittery or sparkly, but dewy and yummy. Those are all adjectives that have NEVER described my face, so elated doesn't begin to explain how happy I was. I almost didn't trust it, but the next day, I used them all again and voila!! Masterpiece. So, it is with a happy heart, that I tell you those exact products and colors because if you're anything like me (aka makeup slut), you can always use a few new products now and then.

Tinted moisturizer: Benefit YouRebel Lite
Mineral powder: Maybelline Mineral Power Illuminator in Peach
Highlighter: Benefit High Beam

No comments:

Post a Comment