Friday, May 20, 2011

Maui



Best taste of the islands: It’s a tie between the sliced pineapple served with a cinnamon sour cream sauce at The Plantation House for brunch and the shaved ice from Local Boys. The latter was juiced up with three flavors of my choice, and my second time there I chose tiger’s blood, blue vanilla and cherry made fully complete with a scoop of vanilla ice cream under the ice and a generous helping of this sweet cream stuff poured on top. Unreal. And yes, both of these tasty treats were better than my filet from Ruth’s Chris on our girls night out.

Best moment of “I’m so happy you’re my friend”: A chat in the bathroom about the difficulties of motherhood that ended up with me getting teary and Shayna coming over and giving me one of those genuine hugs where you don’t feel like you have to let go right away.

Best purchase: My new sunglasses that looked so cute on Erin that I had to get them. And she was inspired to get hers cause they looked so good on Shayna. We all live in different states so it’s totally ok to be triplets.

Best unexpected treat: How good I slept the first night there. Our room didn’t have AC so we slept with the sliding door open and the ceiling fan on and the breeze combined with the sound of ocean waves was incredibly relaxing. The perfect temperature. So perfect that I snored to the point of depleting the night of sleep for my poor husband. Sorry, babe.

Best regular sighting: A tie between flowers that look so beautiful it should be illegal to pick them and my husband with his super tan skin in his daily uniform of shorts, a tank, flip flops and a hat. Yum.

What I’ll check out the next time I go back: That gazebo restaurant whose line was waaaaaay too long for us to wait with the kiddos, all the lovely places in and around Kihei that my brother and sister-in-law told me about, and ocean water deeper than 3 feet…although that last one isn’t a definite.

No comments:

Post a Comment